Powered by Blogger.


Followers

Friday, October 12, 2012

postheadericon We are here :)

 We made it!  Wow that is a loooooonnnnnggggg trip.  Luckily it went very smoothly.  The kid's were awesome.  I was a little worried after the 1 1/2 hour flight to Chicago - Elon was a bit ALL OVER THE PLACE, but after we got on the big plane it went so well.  So proud of them.  When we got in yesterday (4pm Shanghai time, 4am US time) - we were exhausted!  We made the mistake of going to sleep (actually, we passed out) at 6pm.  Elon and Camden woke up at 11pm!  Uh oh.  Camden fell back to sleep for a bit - but Elon did not go back to sleep until 3:30am.  Hope she does well today but we are keeping her up all day to make sure she gets on Shanghai time.  We are leaving the hotel in a bit to go explore.  Visiting a special place today.  Elon is so excited to be here,  she keeps saying "look mommy, they are chinese!"  Hope she starts to realize that 95% of everyone we will see here will be chinese - too funny!

This look says it all!  He was one tired boy.  He has been so sweet & keeps saying I can't believe we get Harper on Monday!  He is very excited to be here. 

Looking rough but ready to go!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You are soooooooo close to your sweet baby!! When you close your eyes to sleep tonight she is sleeping just down the road, Dawn! Can you believe it???
So glad you are all doing well!

Shan said...

I'm so happy for you, for Elon, your family, and especially for Harper! Our girls have come so far from that picture you sent me of them together at the orphanage, and now, another little angel will blossom and grow in your love and care! I'm looking so forward to seeing pictures of Harper with her new family! I'm praying for her and for you and everything to go really well!
Many blessings,
Shan Barlow

Unknown said...

I was excited to see pictures of your kids after you arrived in China. I missed your kids today at school, but I know you ALL are on cloud nine. I cannot wait to see pictures of Harper with her family.

Anonymous said...

So excited for you and your family!

Brenda

jennifer said...

Yay! I'm so excited!! I cannot wait to see you with Miss Harper!!

char said...

It is about 11am in China. How is it going. What time do you get to see harper today?

f