Powered by Blogger.


Followers

Thursday, October 4, 2012

postheadericon Seven Days!!


We have our airplane tickets purchased and the bags are getting packed!  I can not believe that I fit all the girls clothes in these two adorable suitcase's.  Elon loved them and the girls needed some hard luggage that would hold up on the trip and that was small enough for them to manage.  These were a perfect size.  Elon has rolled it around the house since I bought them.

Well, here is our schedule...

October 11 - Leave from Charlotte, to Chicago, to Shanghai
October 12 - Arrive in Shanghai
October 13-14 - Fun days in Shanghai
October 15 - Meet our Harper Faith!!!! 
October 16-19 - Adoption Appointments & Sightseeing
October 19 - Fly to Guangzhou
October 20-24 - Harper's Medical check, US consulate appointment, etc.
October 25 - Fly from Guangzhou, to Shanghai, to Beijing, to Chicago, to Charlotte!!!  Crazy day!!

I am so excited about finally meeting our daughter.  I guess I should be nervous or scared (like I was when we were adopting Elon) but we really have a peace.  I know part of it is because we know alot of what to expect - we have done this trip before.  Yet, we will have a lot to figure out with our new family of six, we know all the things that could go wrong, but we also know of all the things that can (and eventually will) go right.  Please keep us all in your prayers - especially Harper, I can not imagine how hard this is for these brave little ones who are taken away from everything they have ever known - but I also know the outcome.  My daughter will have a family who will love her forever, who will hold her hand, who will kiss her boo boo's, who will teach her right from wrong, who will play with her, who will tuck her in at night, who will tell her she is beautiful and wonderful and perfect, 
and who will teach her about Jesus.  
I know Jesus loves Harper and I know he loves each one of these precious little ones.  
Every child needs and deserves a family. 
I am grateful that He chose us to be her's.  I am a lucky mommy :) 



2 comments:

Unknown said...

See? Crying again!

Simply can not wait to see Harper in her mama and daddy's arms!

Keisha said...

Just wanted you to know that I'm praying for you & your family as you prepare to travel to China to receive Harper! May God go before you & place His hedge of protection around you!
Blessings my friend!

f