Powered by Blogger.


Followers

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

postheadericon Almost home...

OK.  We are officially ready to come home.  It has been a great trip.  I really do not think it could have gone any better.  Today was our consulate appointment.  We are done.  Nothing left to do.  Our guide will bring us Harper's passport with Visa tomorrow and then we leave VERY early Thursday morning.  Leaving the hotel at 5:00 in the morning!  Yuck!

Our flight itinerary home is a bit crazy & long on Thursday.  Praying no flights are delayed so we do not miss our connecting flight's - prayers are welcome!

After our appointment this morning we took the kids to the zoo here.  It was a really good zoo.  I am wondering what we do to the animals in America - I very rarely see animals do anything but sleep back home - just about every animal here was moving around.  Made the visit that much better!

Also - I meant to mention that Elon was so happy to receive a message on our blog from one of her school friends.  It made her day!  She can not wait to get back to school too Jake - she misses all of you!

This was last night before dinner - they are both so silly.  And with comedian Camden around - watch out!


I found the most beautiful dresses in Shanghai.  I should have bought more.  Harper wants to wear dresses everyday - we had a "moment" yesterday when getting dressed and she did not want to wear the pant's outfit I put on her.  I decided to not have another today so she picked these out to wear.  Luckily Elon is going with the flow and just want's to be "twins" with Harper.

They looked stunning!

Elon wanted me to post a picture of the Panda for her friend Jake and her classmates!
It was so cool to see one in person.  They are really big!


They do not have the same rules in China regarding feeding the animals.  A guy was standing next to me dropping crackers down to this bear.  The bear was hilarious!


And of course....
This girl has posed like this all over China!


This is one of Elon's new friends - one of the twin girls who was also adopted on this trip.  They were in our travel group and we got to tour around the zoo with them.  Such a sweet family!!


These guys have been awesome!  I can not believe how good Camden and Elon have been for us.  Of course there have been moments of needing to settle down but they are so excited about their sister.  It is one of the sweetest things that I have ever seen.


First meal in our room and it may have been one of the best meals Harper has eaten!  Noodle time!!


We will see everyone soon!

5 comments:

Rebecca Richardson said...

Dawn, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I know this is probably your best birthday by far!! You are doing an amazing job with your blog! Thank you Thank you Thank you! It is the first thing I check every morning and then I check late at night too! We are so happy to hear how each day is going and to see all of the beautiful pictures! So many precious memories being made!! I love how quickly Harper has bonded with Camden and Elon! It looks like Harper just fits right in and doesn't miss a beat!

Cole, How does Harper like her nickname?

Harper, I can't wait to meet you! You have been prayed for and loved more than you know! Uncle Parker and I are excited for you to be our niece! And Thomas is happy to have a new cousin to play with!! You are absolutely beautiful and precious! You have already brought much joy to our family and I hope that we can fill your heart with more love and joy than you know what to do with!!

Elon and Camden, I love your silliness! Seeing your smiles brings a smile to my face everyday!! Ya'll are being such awesome big brother and big sister!!

Give Harper a big hug from us!! We can't wait to see ya'll soon!!

Love,
Uncle Parker, Aunt Rebecca, and Thomas

jennifer said...

So cute! Love Elon's pose, their Chinese dresses, the noodle pic...every one of them! I know you are so ready to be home! Won't be long now!! I will be praying everything goes smoothly!

Love ya!
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

We said the exact same thing about the animals at the zoo last month! So funny! Love the girls dresses! I didn't see any like that when we were in China. I'm jealous!
Michelle

Unknown said...

Love the Shanghai dresses....and the Matilda Jane, too! Your girls would be adorable in anything!

Glad to hear your birthday was a good one! :)

Big hugs!
Sharon

Unknown said...

Welcome again to the Family Harper.... and I'd say from looking at these crazy fun pictures, You are all ready one of us!!! Did I just call our family crazy fun???? Yes I did and I can't wait to help teach you the 12 days of Christmas!
Praying for your family as you all travel home.
Love from Cousin BEBBIE :)

f