Powered by Blogger.


Followers

Thursday, October 18, 2012

postheadericon Being tourist today...

First, lets start with this...


We see so many of these when we are in the room.  When we leave it is much harder to get her to smile.  I really wonder what's going through her mind.  Her laugh is precious.  She has really taken to Cole.  I think it is quite funny how both of our girls preferred him while we were in China.  I will keep my comments to myself about that...lol.  I am glad that he had this special time with them - Once we get home, I know things will change - just as they did with Elon.  I will be patient :)

I did dress the girls alike today - before we came to China, Elon said that she wanted her and Harper to look like twins and asked to have matching outfits.  I only have two identical outfits (other then pajamas - see below) and this is one of them.  They loved it and looked adorable!












These two really are just too cute together!

























Today there were no appointments.  We were able to just tour around Shanghai.  It is an incredible city.  Extremely big.  So many different kinds of buildings. We went to Yu Yuan Garden today - it is a beautiful market area, full of shops.  We came here last time and I really like this area.






Then we visited The Bund.  Great place to see the amazing sky line of Shanghai.




Have I mentioned how awesome this guy has been?  We are so proud of Camden, he is being such a good brother to his TWO little sister's.  He has not complained at all (well, only once - today when we went to eat traditional Shanghai food and it was quite different - of course, he wanted McDonalds).

























Lastly, let me comment on the traffic - it has to be the craziest thing we have ever seen.  New York City taxi drivers have NOTHING on the drivers here.  It amazes us that with so many cars, bikes, mopeds, and pedestrians that you never see an accident.  At one point our driver made a 3 lane road into a 4 lane road!  I have to admit that I have even let out a little squeal at a few points.  Another (quite annoying) thing that we have realized is how horn happy the people of Shanghai are.  Not just a beep beep - it is lay on the horn, for 5 minutes if I have to, until you get out of my way.  Yet no one gets angry, no bad words flying, just horn honking - every 5 seconds.  As I sit in my room, in the quiet (since everyone is napping/resting) I can still hear car's honking - from 20 floors up!!!




3 comments:

jennifer said...

They are so stinkin' cute!!! You are officially outnumbered with those two!! Love you...glad she's doing so well. Won't be long and she'll be silly 24/7 like the others :)

Stacy said...

Oh my goodness!!! Those girls are so cute!!!
And like Jen said the other day.....I, too, can't wait to read a post every morning!! I am loving this!!! And of course I have to update Trent every night. : )
Thinking about you guys every day! Keep the posts coming- even when you start to feel like you have nothing to write about! : )
Much love!
Stacy

Unknown said...

Love your girls in their matching outfits. Our girls are 8 & 9 now and they still have days that they want to dress "matchy matchy" as they call it.

Do you think maybe Harper shuts down when you leave the hotel room because she is afraid you might take her back? One of the families during one of our trips had a daughter that did this and she was about Harper's age. The guide was very sweet and explained to her that when they went out it was to have fun or to eat or to go to the store and NOT to go back to the orphanage because that was not where her family would be. Her entire outlook changed after that and she was all smiles no matter where they went.

Can not wait to meet all of you!! :)

f