Powered by Blogger.


Followers

Sunday, October 21, 2012

postheadericon Thank you!

We really want to thank everyone for all the wonderful comments and support we have received while we have been in China.  It has been so encouraging to read your messages every morning on our blog, on Facebook, and by your email's.  We really feel the love :)

Here are some pictures of our day...





Harper has began to finally pose for pictures and actually smile on her own.  Before we would get no expressions when she knew we were taking pictures.


Now little Ms. Thing has no problem with posing for pic's...


And now for some comic relief from my hilarious husband...



And for those in the adoption world - our extended family - I know you will recognize these spots on Shaman Island...



And these next two spot's bring back memories from our first trip to China.  Made me think of some amazing families that we will always have a connection with.  We really miss you guys and wish you were here with us!!!




I also wanted to tell some things that we have figured out in the past 7 days about Harper...

1.  She is extremely smart and seems pretty much right on target physically and mentally - If there are any delays from living in the orphanage, we have yet to identify anything.  I personally think that much of this is due to the fact that she spent the first 1 1/2 years of her life with her birth mother.  It is amazing how important those first years of life are for a child's development.

2.  She has the cutest, muted, laugh.

3.  She has two precious dimples on her cheek's

4.  She has a small scar on her right upper chest from where her port was when she was receiving treatment (this scar makes me sad, sad that I could not be there to hold her and comfort her during that yucky time).

5.  She laughs when we tell her "no"

6.  She cry's (this is a muted cry - not a screaming cry) when we give her a firmer "no" and really mean it!

7.  She has already learned to count to three in English - She can count much higher in Chinese.

8.  She has great handwriting skills, can draw any letter we write for her!  She also draw's the cutest stick person.

9.  She speaks the Shanghai dialect but also understand's Mandarin.

10.  She loves to color - and color's completely in the lines.

11. She will repeat anything we say with precise English - it is amazing - she does not really know what she is saying but her pronunciation is incredible!

12.  She love's The Cha Cha Slide song - and will copy Camden and Elon doing it - it is the funniest thing I have ever seen.  Camden even has her saying "Funky, Funky".  I have got it on video and will try to post it once I get home.

13.  She is tall and she is thin - but she does not eat much.  We need to fatten this girl up!  I wish she would eat more.  We have found that she likes candy and fried food's the most.  Not the best diet she need's to be on, but she will fit right in with our crew.

More later!!!







7 comments:

jennifer said...

What a little cutie!! I love reading all the tidbits you are learning about your sweet girl. Looks like y'all are having an amazing trip! LOVE the shoe pic!!! Brings back such amazing memories!! Love you and your whole crew!!

Cathy said...

She looks happy...so glad things seem to be going smooth! I know you are ready to get home about now. Love seeing the pics of familiar places! Beautiful family!

Lori said...

Friend of Jen's from Adoption Families!!
LOVE reading and following your blog each day! Harper seems to be doing SO well! Amazing what LOVE can do for our sweet children!
We have just returned from China Sept 27th. Adopting our 2nd child a little boy!

Blessings to you and your family as you complete your journey to Harper and travel home!
Lori

Keisha said...

Ahhhhh.. YEAH! The ole' Cha Cha Slide song! I can see those dimples now! That song makes all my kids "get funky" lol!
She is so pretty Dawn & sounds like she is VERY smart too! What a Blessing! I'm enjoying your trip & I can't wait to go get our son! Thanks for the pictures and blog post! Aren't you glad you decided to blog?!!!
I am!
Take care!

Shan said...

I've enjoyed seeing your pictures and reading about your first days with Harper so much! Elon and Camden look totally taken with their new sister. The smiles say it all! I hope we can get together with our Shanghai girls one day!
Blessing,
Shan

Anonymous said...

Elon,

I miss you at school and you are so pretty. I want you to come back to school and I want to meet Harper. I loved the picture of you and Harper on the table. That was silly. Love, Jake Brawley

Anonymous said...

The fan picture cracked me up! We were at the same place in early Sept. and it was steaming. Once in front of one of those fans, it's hard to motivate yourself to move! :)

Michelle

f