Powered by Blogger.


Followers

Friday, October 19, 2012

postheadericon Precious


Our daughter.

Wow.

I can not believe that love can happen so easily and so quickly.  We actually loved this little girl before we even knew her, just by a picture - Just as we loved Case and Camden as they grew in my tummy.

It is beautiful and amazing.

We are so thankful that this is the way that God chose to grow our family.

James 1:27
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."

Unfortunately, there are many orphans in our world.  I know that not everyone one is suppose to open their home to a child who does not have a family, but I do believe that everyone is expected to "look after orphans and widows" in some way.  Even if you are not called to adopt, there are many ways you can help - one way is to help a family who IS called to this wonderful blessing.  I know there are many who would like to adopt (or adopt again) but the cost is a bit overwhelming.  It can be expensive.  Support someone financially (if you don't know of someone - ASK ME - I know of several families).  And for those who feel the burden for these little one's, and feel that they are suppose to open their home, I know there are many unknowns.  I know it can be scary. But the one thing I can say is that I am so thankful that we did not let fear keep us from enjoying the blessings that God intended for us.  I could not imagine not having these girls.

7 comments:

jennifer said...

Precious is right!! What a little angel you have!!
Preach it, sister!!!!!

Stacy said...

She is so beautiful.
And I love your post on James 1:27!
Hugs to you!!

Beth said...

Harper is just beautiful and her smile makes me smile. So glad another Shanghai Sweetie has gained her forever family. (Eliana's Mom also from Shanghai) Thank you for sharing your journey!

Keisha said...

Well said Dawn! I agree 100%! So glad you listened to the Lord leading you to adopt these two precious girls! They are a blessing!

Tera said...

Beautiful!! I posted a very similar post when we were in China. It just hits you how amazing it is!

Unknown said...

Your blog has moved me to tears, thank you! So beautiful! Congrats on everything! I am inspired! Cant wait to meet you Harper!!
Ann Marie

likeschocolate said...

Your family is lovely and your newest is so darling! Congratulations! So happy that you have had a sucessful trip!

f