Powered by Blogger.


Followers

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

postheadericon It's Official!

Today our adoption became official.  Yesterday we were given temporary custody of Harper.  Today she officially became ours.  Happy day!!



We had another shut down today.  Everything is great when we are in our room or together as a family.  But when we met up with our guide to go finalize the adoption she began to shut down again.  She is very happy to be with us yet I know it is very sad for her to be leaving everything she has ever known.  While we were at the Civil Affairs office she began to cry those big tears again - so heartbreaking.  After we took our family picture (a picture that is put on the official document) I took Elon's old adoption paperwork out (I was smart enough to remember this stuff) - it really helped Harper.  She would hold the picture of Cole and I with her next to the one of us with Elon.  We would point to everyone.  She started to move again.  Relief!  I really can not begin to tell you how heartbreaking these shut downs are - my heart breaks for her.

Yet the moment we left - Laughing and smiling!!  Either it scare's her to be at these official place's or it is bringing up the feelings of leaving.  Not sure, but we don't like them.  I know time will only help.

Here is one of the happy moments....



 And this is how I got them to take a nap...

She can tell when I want her to lay down and she shakes her head no.  Then I bribe her with the iPod.  She will lay down if she can lay with Elon.  I let them play for a few minutes, then turn them off - give them a bunch of bows, and a few minutes later...



Glad they are getting a nap today.  It can only help with the evening.

Tomorrow we get to visit the orphanage.  I am very excited to get to see where my two girls spent so many years of their life.  The only reason we are able to visit is because Elon is with us.  They are being very strict with visitors currently, but they are very open to children who return to China to be able to come and see where they lived.

The guide talked to Harper about returning, she does want to go and say good-bye.  I know it will be hard for her.  She cried to the guide when they talked about it.  We decided, with the guide, to let Harper go to a market to pick out ANYTHING she wanted to give to her friends and the nannies.  And she was so excited to do this.  She filled a basket full of snacks and treats, then she began to say the things she wanted for herself.  One basket for her friends and one for herself.  She loved it!  It was precious to see her count out items to give to her friends and then put one in the basket for herself.  She began to put two things in her basket - one for her and one for Elon.  We asked about Camden and she said No (sorry Camden..lol).  She did pick out a can of beer and a box of coffee for him - Camden was appalled :)  We laughed so hard (So did Harper - she knows what she is doing)!!

We hope this makes tomorrow easier for her.

More later!!

2 comments:

jennifer said...

I could not wait to get up and read this post! I can't get enough of seeing these two sisters together! What a blessing that they have each other...forever! I'm so happy for you all, and love that Camden is soaking in every second of it! I will be patiently (yeah, right!) waiting to hear about the orphanage!!!

Cathy said...

How fortunate for you to be able to visit the orphanage! We did not visit Naomi's because of her intense grieving and part of me wishes I had. I will pray it is a good experience for everyone. I love the basket idea! (Too funny with Camden's "treats")

f