Powered by Blogger.


Followers

Thursday, January 3, 2013

postheadericon Christmas Eve

On Christmas Eve we waited for Mimi and Pop Pop to come.  The kid's waited very impatiently (as did I).  I was so ready to see my mom and dad.  With my dad's crazy work schedule, and lot's of sickness, not to mention they live 5 hours away - we had not seen them in way too long.  This was actually the first time they were getting to meet Harper.  She was ready (and so were they!).  Seeing their picture's, Facetime, and hearing about these two - she was so excited that they were coming!    Not to mention the other three kiddo's who absolutely love their Mimi and Pop Pop :)  She knew Mimi and Pop Pop were special to us so they were special to her too.  She ran right to them and gave big hugs.  So sweet!


It did not take long for my mom to get the girls laughing.  Especially Elon, she can not stop giggling when my mom is around.  She really does not have to do anything and Elon will die laughing.  It is hilarious!  They were putting kid's make-up all over her with-in minutes of her getting in the house.


Mimi also brought stuff to make homemade Christmas Peeps!  It was just marshmallow's on sticks and the kids got to put sprinkles all over them.  They loved them.  Such a cute and easy idea!!! 




But the best part was eating them....WHOLE!!!!


Next was decorating cookies.  They really got into it!




Harper put about a pound of sprinkles on one of her cookies...


Which, of course, was the one she chose to eat (or lick)...

Once again, the best part was eating the creations!!!

I just love seeing Harper experience Christmas for the first time.  She is taking it all in and full of smiles! I can not believe that she has ONLY been with us for 2 1/2 months!!  I am truly amazed at her - she has adjusted so well.  Her English is coming along very well too - my favorite is hearing her repeat Elon's bible verse's that Elon is learning.  It is so cute!!










0 comments:

f