Powered by Blogger.


Followers

Monday, January 28, 2013

postheadericon Are you ready for some cuteness???

I know that many times we hear of the struggles that children have when they are adopted.  
It is something that every adoptive parent must prepare for, you really do not know how your child will adjust.  There are so many questions...  

What has this precious one been through?  
Did they get the attention they needed, or any attention at all?  
Did anyone love on them?
Did they get enough food?
I could go on and on...

There are many unknowns.  I will say that I had some fears about how Harper would adjust - the small amount I did know about her past really made me question how she would handle all of the changes coming her way.  We knew all the things that could go wrong, BUT more importantly, we knew of all the things that can (and eventually will) go right.  

Well, things are already going right, actually her transition has been nothing short of easy.  

Things just seem so "normal".  As if she has been in our family forever.  

Let me also clarify, that does not mean that we do not have crying fits, or fighting, or disagreements, or trying times... but that is normal.  Like I said, things seem so normal!!!

I know it is still early in our adoption with Harper.  Yes, our circumstances could change.  Yes, this is an ongoing process.  My daughters will have to deal with things in their past for the rest of their lives.

I know, I know...  

But I want to be thankful for what is happening today!    

Since we are celebrating 3 months together with Harper, I want to share some things that I am thankful for about our sweet girl - things for TODAY...

Harper is so full of joy!  
Her transition has been virtually seamless (and I am not exaggerating here).  
She fits perfectly into our family and gets along well with everyone in the family.
She fights with her siblings (which shows a normal relationship & comfort in our family).
She sometimes get's upset with Cole & I when she is told no (which also shows comfort with us). 
She is happy almost all of the time - which makes this mommy so very happy!
She has become very affectionate and loving, which makes my heart melt.
She is super silly and loves to laugh, she knows how to make us laugh too.
She is developmentally on track.
She is super smart and is not struggling with learning age appropriate school work.
She has such a gentle little spirit. 
She listens and is an obedient little girl.
and  
She is healthy!  

You are amazing Harper Faith!!!  










"The Lord your God is with you,
    he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
    he will quiet you with his love,
    he will rejoice over you with singing.”
Zephaniah 3:17

7 comments:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Oh those photos of Harper are precious! So thrilled to know that her transition has been so great!

KK

snekcip said...

She is such a natural beauty!!!

Lindy D. said...

Such cute pictures!! So glad things are going well.

Paula said...

Simply too cute for words! What an incredible little blessing she is.

Stacy said...

How wonderful that it has been so easy!
I'm so happy for you. : )

Fannie said...

My hubby and I were having a deep conversation about this just the other day. The unknowns... what if there is a condition that isn't on the file? what if the child has gone through something horrific while in government care? what if the listed condition is way more intense and requires much more than we anticipated? what if adopting the child disrupts life so much with these unknowns that our family can never do the things again that we do now?
I think its a decision made in faith. God will not give you more than you can handle and you just might receive the biggest blessing of your life. Harper went through so much before coming into your family, there were definitely MANY unknowns, but look at her! She's gorgeous and happy and she is adjusting beautifully.

The pictures are beautiful too!! ;)

Keisha said...

She is so Beautiful!!! So Thankful things are going so Great!

f