Powered by Blogger.


Followers

Monday, April 28, 2014

postheadericon Birthday Girls


I love celebrating these two.  They bring so much joy (and yes, craziness) to our lives.  I find it hard to put into words the joy I feel as a parent to my four children.  Indescribable joy!  Thats it :)  And these two are bubbling over with joy, and I just can't stand it!  I love that their birthdays are exactly a week apart.  Elon turned 8 on April 17th, and Harper turned 7 on April 24th.  
  

This is what cupcakes look like after traveling in a car for 5+ hours, not to mention the 
huge candle hovering on top!  My mom and I could not stop laughing…don't judge :)



Elon is really growing up.  She knows what she wants, and even more...she knows what she does not want.  That includes what she wears, what she plays, and everything else in her world.  She is super silly, and when she gets the silly's, it is all over with - she can not stop laughing.  Her favorite thing to say is "Can I tell you something?" - and she has A LOT to tell, she never stops talking.  She is the best eater on the planet, I can count on one hand how many foods she does not like (It is so pleasant having such a good eater!).  She is a friend to all.  She is a dare devil and a tom-boy, but she does LOVE everything Frozen (especially Elsa).  She wants to play soccer more then anything, and she wants to be a Fireman when she gets older.  She falls often and the first words out of her mouth is "I'm OK!!!". 
But the best thing about Elon is how much she loves Jesus. 

 Harper is gentle and quiet.  I have to pull words out of her.  I often wonder what is going on in that beautiful head of hers.  She tells me often that she does not like to talk, but I make her.  She is really coming out of her shell though, and getting as silly as her sister.  And even though she enjoys following her sisters lead, she is a princess at heart.  She loves to get her nails done & her hair fixed.  She wants to wear a bow and loves that her hair is getting longer.  Harper will fall asleep within 2 seconds of the car pulling out of the driveway.  She is a perfectionist.  She has the best posture of any person I have ever seen (and I often find myself sitting up straight when I see her).  She wants to be a "cooker" (chef) when she gets older.  She can fold clothes and make a bed like someone just coming out of boot camp.  She does not make decisions quickly but thinks through everything very carefully.  But her favorite thing to do is snuggle with mommy and I LOVE EVERY MINUTE OF IT!        


Harper wanted to make her own birthday cake!  She loves to cook.  It was delicious!!!



These two are only 12 months apart and could not be more different!  I LOVE that they have their very own personalities and differences.  I am so blessed to be their mommy and 
thankful for EVERY part of who they are.  

The Lord bless you and keep you,
The Lord make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you,
The Lord lift up His countenance upon you,
and give you peace.
Amen!

3 comments:

likeschocolate said...

Happy Birthday to those sweet girls of yours! Way too cute!

Paula said...

I love the beautiful bond your girls appear to share even though they are so different. That's awesome! Happy Birthday, girls!

The Waite Family said...

I just ran across your blog through another blog I follow. We live in Kannapolis, NC (not far from Mooresville). We have 5 kids (2 bio and 3 adopted - 2 from China and one from Ethiopia). You have a beautiful family..

f