Powered by Blogger.


Followers

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

postheadericon A Half Marathon and Disney!

Thanks to a bet with my husband…my sister and I completed our first (and most likely my last) half marathon!  I kept waiting for the "love" of running to kick in.  I was told by some runners that I know,  that "I would LOVE it and would not want to stop"….well, that did not happen to me.  The shorter distance runs, a 5k and even a 10k, I can see doing again.  But to run a half marathon again…um, no.  Sorry, wish I loved it, but I don't.  I really learned to truly appreciate cars after running 13 miles.  LOL!  
Yet, I am proud that I set this goal for myself and completed it!
-and thankful it is over :)
Waiting to start…at 5:30am!  What?!?!


Proof that I completed it!

Now for the best part….after running the half marathon, we were able to enjoy Disney with our kids.  It was Harper's first Disney trip and all of my sister's kids first time too!  My parents even came :)
So excited to get to share this with them.  We had a blast! 
 Ready for our first day…these were some very excited kids!

This is how Levi rode almost every ride…NO HANDS!  Love this little guy!









This picture cracks me up.  Our crew is on the first two rows…none of the kids would even look because they were so scared!  Hilarious!


Pop Pop and Elon singing their duet!  Love how silly my daddy is, he always makes everything fun :)

 Time for Bippity Boppity Boutique!

Harper was so shy, yet so excited.  It made me cry to see her precious expressions!

Even my tom boy was excited!

 Love this picture with all the girls watching Elon's "reveal"!

Our princesses!



 Precious!

She fits right in with the princesses.







A big moment during this trip was when Elon overcame one of her fears.  She has always disliked costumes/masks (which is why she is not pictured with the princesses above).  Dislike is a very mild word for how she feels, it is more like running away kicking, screaming, and crying.  Petrified or hate would be a better word. Yet, she became brave during breakfast one morning.  
I was so proud of her because I know how hard this was for her.  Way to go Elon!!!






Such a fun trip!!!  


3 comments:

Lindy D. said...

You are spoiling us with all these cute pictures! Harper looks so happy with her family.

likeschocolate said...

Looks like you had an amazing time! Happy Easter!

Leggio said...

Dawn, How funny about your half marathon. I ran one a year and a half ago and have hardly ran since. LOL Way to go though!!!!! I love Disney World. We are supposed to go in February 2015. Hoping to get to stop by the Doughty's so they can meet Cora. Traveling very soon. We just were cabled. Thanks for the advice on clothes. :)

f