Powered by Blogger.


Followers

Thursday, November 1, 2012

postheadericon Getting into the swing of things...

Did I mention that it is wonderful to be home??  Well it is.

Jet lag is not as bad this time - so thankful for that!

Harper has slept through the night every night since we have been home!  No issue's with the time difference, no sleeping issue's what so ever - we are so very thankful for that!

She fits right into our family.  Yes, it is a bit louder (she is not loud, but the excitement of the other 3 are making for a loud home AND car).  Things will settle down soon enough (I hope)!

She did fine with the kid's going to school on Monday, but I did keep her busy.  Tuesday was a little tougher.  I tried to put her down for a nap (big mistake).  We are figuring each other out, she is figuring out her new life here, I am figuring her out too.  Like I said before, she does not like to be told no.  What 5 year old does???  I don't like to be told no either :)  She is such a good girl, so we are not dealing with this a lot but when she pouts, she pouts!

Here is a quick snap shot of our first week home!


 Still bud's...

Love my biggest brother so much!


We visited daddy at work and rode my Big Pop's motorcycle!


One of her silly face's she makes for pictures...


And another one...


We also visited Elon, Case, and Camden at school and had lunch with each of them!


OK - I had asked the boys about Halloween before we left for China - no interest.  Elon is terrified of mask's and we did not want to scare the mess out of Harper right after coming home so we were not planning on doing anything this year.  So I had not put any thought in costume's.  Last minute Cole and I decide to walk to our neighbor's home to let Harper experience something new.  We made the boys go too.  Last minute costume's were hilarious!  Elon was suppose to be Snow White - well that changed.  The girls wanted to wear the plastic, loud, too big for their feet, dress up shoe's too - that did not last.  They made their own rules.  Harper took a purse for her candy.  They wore their sunglasses at night.  Three wands each.  Camden ended up with Captain America and Case had a dog mask for something for school.  With the awesome costume's that my mom always had for us as kid's, I am sure I really disappointed her tonight.  But we had a lot of fun in a short amount of time.



Harper loved it!!  People just handing candy to her - what could be better???  This girl LOVES candy.  It may be a problem :)  Poor Elon was absolutely terrified and screamed every time she saw anyone with a mask on.  My poor baby girl, we did not stay out long.


My sweet sister also came for a visit.  It was great for my niece's and nephew to meet their newest cousin that they have prayed for so much this past year.  They hit it off immediately!  I just love these kiddo's.

 
With this many kid's, you know we could not get everyone to look at the camera - this was the best we could do...


Love it!!!

4 comments:

Lindy D. said...

Harper is transitioning so well!! Love the sunglasses on your two Halloween princesses.

Unknown said...

Love all of the pics and that all of you are doing so well! John Wesley does not like to be told "no" either. He doesn't just pout, he goes into an all out tantrum sometimes. Good thing he's even cute when he's mad! LOL

Keisha said...

What FUN days you all are having!!! So Thankful of Harper's easy transition!!
God is GOOD!

jennifer said...

Sounds like things are going great!! The pics are so cute and the Halloween pic of the two of them reminds me of Fancy Nancy! LOVE it!!!! So happy for you!!!

f