Powered by Blogger.


Followers

Sunday, August 18, 2013

postheadericon It has been awhille....

OK, I have been a loser blogger recently!  Our summer was very busy with a lot going on...so blogging was put on the back burner.  I am hoping to catch up over the next few posts.  So I will first start with an update on Harper (especially since I have received a couple requests).  So here it goes...

First of all, Harper is doing great.  She finished up our school year last year doing very well in her education and had already began to read.  I was amazed!  I was pleasantly surprised at how things seem to be going for her with how quickly she picks things up.  She is a pleasure to teach, AND easy to teach.

In addition, and more importantly, Harper is constantly forming deeper relationships with all of us.  We loved Harper before we ever met her...but she did not necessarily share those same feelings.  She did not get to look at our pictures for a year before we met.  I do not even know how far in advance she was even told about us, or how often she was able to look at our picture....then one day she was walked into a room and handed over to strangers (that would be us!)....So it took awhile for her to start letting us really in....

After a few months home, she would say "I was little happy in China, I BIG happy in America"....uhhhh, precious!

If I asked her "Why are you BIG happy?"

Her response was...."Family"!  Every.single.time.I.ask..... "Family".....uhhhh, LOVE!!!

Something that I so took for granted before I entered this world of adoption.  Something that I used to think that everyone had.  But sadly, that is not the case.  Yet it is what brings joy to my daughter now, just to have a family.  I am so thankful that God chose us to be her family.

Well now she has moved past mentioning China... Now she  just runs up to me (out of the blue), and wrap's her tiny arms around my legs, and look's up at me with the biggest smile on her face, and announces..."MOMMY, I SOOOOOO HAPPY!"

It happens almost everyday!  Oh Lord, thank you for allowing me to be her mommy!







Her health is also great!  She is currently 4 1/2 years in remission.  Praise God!  She has her next Oncology appointment next month.  Prayers always welcome :)

Next up....our summer fun!!!



 

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh my goodness, I almost didn't recognize her with her hair longer. She is a beauty. So glad she is doing well and is so happy. I will be praying for good reports from her appointment.

likeschocolate said...

Welcome back! How adorable! Glad things are going so well. Can't wait to read more!

snekcip said...

Getting more gorgeous everyday I see!! So glad to see an update!

f