Powered by Blogger.


Followers

Saturday, December 15, 2012

postheadericon Two months together

I really can not believe it has only been two months since we first held our little princess.  It seems as though she has been with us much longer.  She is fitting right into our family.  She is so enjoyable, has quite a humor, wakes up happy, all around pleasant, sweet, obedient, and precious little girl.  We are so amazed at our daughter, I do believe that she was grieving those first weeks home - she now seems to have settled in - and she seems very happy.  And this makes me happy!!!

You never know how things are going to go, how your child will handle all of these incredible changes in their life - you pray for the best, but you prepare for all the possibilities.  She has amazed us and I am so thankful for the ease of her transition.  


Elon and Harper have become great friends and, of course, typical sisters.

They fight...


But they really do love each other, and play very well together (most of the time)...
Harper also loves her brothers very much And they are completely taken with her and love her to pieces.  Another little sister to protect (and to annoy at times...lol). 





Harper is very excited about Christmas.  She has been helping with wrapping presents and putting them under the tree.  I do not know if she completely understands but she is going with the flow!  As Elon was getting ready for the Christmas program for her school, Harper saw the bright red Christmas dress that Elon was wearing and she immediately started saying "Harper Chissymiss??" (I LOVE how she says some words!!!).  She wanted to wear a Christmas dress too!  Elon was wearing her dress from last year (it had only been worn once!) - luckily Elon's dress from 2 years ago fit Harper (it was a little shorter then I would like but it worked just fine).  They looked beautiful!  





In other news, I got a new camera!!!  It is actually a early Christmas present and an unexpected one at that!  Last week, we got the kid's completely ready to go out and try to take pictures for our Christmas card and my camera would not work!  I will not elaborate at how I was feeling at the moment - but the good thing was - I got a new camera and a new lens!!

Cole knew he had to give it to me early because it was Harpers first Christmas :)  I can not miss all of these memories!!

So I was figuring out my new camera and trying to get some pics of ALL the kid's.  Getting pictures of the girls is easy, they are still young, I remember when the boys were this age and I had SO many pictures of them.  It is not as easy to get two pre-teen boys to take pictures.  It was quite funny what I got...

Harper, who is just happy to smile:

Elon, wanting to show her favorite special ornament:

 Case, his silliness came out:

And Camden, wouldn't stop eating:


And when he did, this is what he gave me:

ahhh, Reality....

3 comments:

jennifer said...

lol...yep. Iknow all about those photo shoots!! So excited about your camera!! yay!! I'm going to call you this week. That Harper is just precious!!!

Paige said...

I had already noticed how great your pics look before you said you got a new camera ha! I was just playing with my grown son's camera that he left at the house and now have an itch for a new one, but it will have to wait until mine breaks too!:)

likeschocolate said...

She looks like she has always been in your family! Merry Christmas!

f